Monday, May 28, 2012

What About Me - Part 2

Besides cooking, budgeting & homeschooling, I have been make a real effort to incorporate exercise into my life. When I was pregnant with L, I did Yoga everyday and walked everyday. I was in great shape when he was born. My weight melted of with the help of nursing, and, I believe, the muscle I had built up during the pregnancy. With pregnancy number 2, I did the same, but not as frequently. Nursing time, and no magical weight melt. More recently, I've been noticing pain in my knees, lower back pain, and a general feeling of "growing older". I've decided that I don't want to deteriorate without a fight, so here we go, exercise. I started cheap, with the Crunch Fitness offerings available on Netflix. After 6 or so weeks of this, I decided I wanted a bit more of a challenge a found Jillian Michaels. I just started Week 4 of Ripped in 30 today and it has been hard! The nice thing is it is 30 minutes. I can handle 30 minutes of anything, right? Now, I'm not going crazy on food intake, just more of a.. watching my options. Trying more more veg, fruit and protein. Lessish (no, that's not a word) carbs and processed food. Much more water. I'm not shedding pounds, but I'm definitely stronger and am having a lot less back pain. Of course, I feel a lot better about everything, just taking the time to do this for me. It's hard, but you can't beat the feeling of accomplishment when it's over, and the rest of the day is that much easier to get through. Heck, my 3 year old feels lighter after building up some arm strength!

No comments: